Wednesday, June 5, 2013

She's Baaaaack!

And not only is she back, she's back to stay...forever!  Judi and Kathy agreed that Terry and I can adopt this little girl, and we couldn't be more pleased.  Well, Wyatt could live without her, but Raff, Neena, Terry, and I are in agreement that she belongs here, and so here she is.  Love.

She and Neena can wear each other out every day.  Or several times a day, is more likely.  And she and Raff can play Keeshond games as only Keeshonden can play them.  And all three of them can focus on each other and hopefully leave old-man-grumpy-pants (a.k.a. Wyatt) alone.

To celebrate, tonight we did a little group activity that I think I'll call "Choose to Jump".  It involves me standing beside a Flyball jump with a clicker and a cheesestick, and whoever goes over the jump gets clicked and cheesed.  Pardon the poor video quality--it was dusk, plus I recorded it through the window, with my camera (phone) propped up on the window sill.  We've never played this game before, so I had no idea how it would go...and actually, it went pretty well!  Dancer didn't really have a clue what to do, so I gave her the benefit of a little luring.  Neena had almost no focus, so she got lucky but didn't really connect the dots.  Wyatt started strong but didn't seem to truly figure it out.  Who was the clear winner?  Why, of course, the Raffinator!  When it comes to figuring out how to get the cheese into his mouth, few dogs can compete with this fluff butt!

Dancer's here, and we're going to have a total blast this summer, and beyond.  Other than Wyatt being slightly put out, and other than my having an endless playlist of "Dancer" songs going through my head 24/7 (Tiny Dancer, Rhythm is a Dancer, and other variations...Dancing with Myself, Dancing Queen, you get the idea), and other than the toe-licking thing, I just don't see a downside here.

No comments:

Post a Comment